Error Message on Carbide Motion

Hi there,
So I’m running a bitsetter on my xxl and using @neilferreri’s post processor for vcarve pro. Anyone know why I get these messages during jobs when it comes time for a tool change?? See pic.

You problem is not in the post processor. You have a USB connection problem. Either you cable and/or the Shapeoko USB connector is flaky. On my Shapeoko I had to put a wire tie on the cable attached to an adhesive backed wire tie holder at the controller on the rail (XXL). This kept my usb cable up and without downward pull. If this is happening during running a job look at static electricity from a dust extraction hose with static killing your usb connection.

4 Likes

I’ll shore up the connection but I’m leaning towards static electricity from the extraction hose as the issue. I normally turn the vacuum off during each tool change and turn it back on once the bit has been changed. But after I posted this last night I ran a job and kept the vacuum running during the entire job and the issue didn’t materialize. Hmmmmm…

Yes, the vacuum hose is a very common culprit for EMI issues: try and ground it (and/or buy an antistatic one, that has an embedded copper wire in it, and ground that).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.