Extension cables?

In building the new enclosure I want to move the control board out of he box. Being that a couple of my cables are already at their max I wanted to purchase a couple extensions.

I’ve seen the discussion on connectors and so on, but I was hoping to cut this from the TO DO list and just purchase my way out with prepare cables.

I probably need one of each: Stepper and limit switch cable extensions.

Anyone have a good source of link to a store?

Thanks.

We list the connectors on the wiki: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Shapeoko_3#Connectors and there should be a suitable crimping tool on the Tools page — it’s kind of a pain to buy the tool, and learn to use it, and then never use it again though.

It would be nice if there were some service / site which would make up custom cable extensions, but I’m not aware of one, and time was of course, one could just go into a Radio Shack, wait for the proprietor to put down his soldering iron, and he would make up anything you’d want.

Try contacting support@carbide3d.com and see what we can do for you?

2 Likes

:’( RIP radio shack. somewhere behind the cell phone displays and bluetooth speakers is the friend I used to know. (there are still 4 in my vicinity but they are all just over-glorified sprint stores :frowning: )

1 Like

When one of the local radio shack stores closed they took all the easy to sell stuff like cell phones and whatnots to other stores but the rest was 75-90% off. I got a bunch of soldering irons for $2/ea (which at radio shack quality are worth at least twice that), a bunch of electronics components and such dirt cheap, etc. Was also sad to see it’s slow decline alongside a culture of disposable ‘stuff’ that grew.

1 Like