Finally got around to making a bit holder

So the time came with a spare hour so decided to make a small bit holder for a few of my bits, nothing to fancy but it’s made so I can just add more modules and they fit my workbench shelves perfectly. And a first where I didn’t have a boo boo :rofl::rofl:

It cut everything perfectly as planned, no stops, no snapped bits, no loose workpiece flying around either so chuffed with myself.

Just need to make 3 more and decide to stain, airbrush with flip paint, chrome or oil them. Decisions decisions.

6 Likes

This is a rite of passage :slight_smile:
Nice and clean, well done.

2 Likes

So my pile o’bits in an Amazon box storage method means?

6 Likes

that you just happen to have a less severe case of OCD than the rest of us ? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

for now!!.. it has been proven (myself included) that the shortbread tin that i once used is simply not anything more than another gateway drug into the world of SO3 CNCing. and now i look at that tin and think “WHAT WAS I THINKING” lol

1 Like

Looks like I too need to get OCD help.

My clamps hardware…going to have to add C3D gator clamps.

From that to this … it keeps expanding.

Oops Clamps
C3D track Clamps
C3D Gator Clamps coming soon

6 Likes

I concur, when each screw has a slot in a holder…

I’m with @neilferreri except that I use little drawer and divided box for storage of my bits, clamps and hardware in a bin in a divided drawer.

1 Like

it’s CDO folks… #@$#@ alphabetic

2 Likes

I wish I was more that way sometimes, but I don’t have it in me.

Don’t feel bad Neil, you have a pile of bits in an Amazon box,…I have a pile OF Amazon boxes :crazy_face:

Dan

1 Like

Oh, I’ve got that too. One just has a pile o’bits.
Glad to hear I’m not the only one!

@DannyDog where did you get that nice facing tool? I’ve been looking for something better than my cobbled together custom fly cutter.

It’s an Amana Tool one. If in the uk then from Ooznest. They are really really good and this ones seen it’s fair share now. The surface finish is lovely.

1 Like