Finding current location of router

Is there a way to get the current location x/y/z of the router? I thought that $# was supposed to display that information. Except when I jog the router it always shows the same information. This may be dumb but I was trying to see what the machine value for x/y/z was when I zeroed the router using the probe.

When in Carbide Motion the left side of the screen shows X, Y, and Z, locations if that is what you are looking for.

1 Like

As ZMAN notes, it’s on the left of the screen in the Jog screen, and you can switch from Work co-ordinates to Machine co-ordinates (and back) by clicking on the heading.

4 Likes

WHAT?!?!?!? Why did I not know that. Would have saved me a bunch of Clear Offsets when setting up the machine. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks to Zman and you. I think this is what I was looking for. I don’t know why I forgot about the switching.

The reason that I wanted to know the machine position after the probe was to use the probe to tell me the thickness of the stock. I wanted to do this because even though I measured the stock with calipers. I was not cutting all the way thru the stock. The stock measured .247 inches. I set up the cut to cut .250. I used both the probe xyz and the paper method for
the z setup. After I was able to get the machine coordinate for z. I used the paper method to both get z for the waste board and the top of the stock. What I found was that the difference between the two measurements was .269 inch or 6.85mm. This kind of explains why I had to set the depth of cut to .280 before it almost cut all the way thru.
Not sure why this is happening.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.