Finishing Toolpaths message freeze "error"

I’ve had this happen a few times, where I import some files (smaller pieces that I want to cut on a larger sheet altogether). I go to delete and combine some of the duplicate toolpaths and I get a message box that says “Finishing toolpaths…” with a progress bar that scrolls back and forth. If I try to save the file, I get a message that says “Toolpaths are still calculating. No G-code was saved in the file.” The message never goes away and the toolpath calculation never “finishes”.

I close out of Carbide Create and the “Finishing toolpaths” message still shows until I force quit the program.

Thankfully I am able to save the actual file and nothing is lost, but it’s pretty annoying.

I’m running CC Pro, Build 757 on a Mac.

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 8.46.52 PM

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 8.43.49 PM

In 758 there were some changes to how toolpaths are calculated, you should try the 761 beta to see if it helps your problem:

1 Like

@mhotchin is right, the beta release should be a win for you. We have one more release for later int he week that should make it a little better still.

If you have a file that’s a problem with the betas, please post it so we can dig into why it’s not cancelling the calculations quickly.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.