Finishing toolpaths... message

I’m running CC 729. Periodically I get a small message box saying “Finishing toolpaths…” It’s happened with a very small job and with (to me at least) jobs consisting of a lot of Contours and Pockets. The message may initially appear on the Toolpath screen.
So far, my solution has been to Save the file (I also get a message saying to the effect that GCode was not generated because toolpaths were still calculating" then exit and restart. I’ve also noticed a couple times that it seemingly didn’t like it when I tried to delete a Toolpath that had an error of some sort.

Any clues before I send you something useless to look at?

Further Info. The message window has been running for some time. After restarting CC, I took a peek at Task Manager and it shows two instances of CC, one with a file and another with just Carbide Create, but using 0.1% of the CPU.

To cure I had to reboot. Have not had it occur since I uploaded the new version

Please try updating to the current beta:

I started on the Beta V7 with an i5 Windows laptop. Some times the saving would get to 67% and just stall. That 67% seems to be an inflection point for the c2d file saving. Of course the file was not saved. I would quit CC and start again. In the latest Beta versions before the live version I did not have that problem again. A few people have had full hard drives and got this problem. Most laptops now a days have very large hard drives but just check to make sure. If you are saving to a usb drive it could be full as well.

Thanks for the help.

Hard Drive not even half full. I’ve noticed that File Save progress would sometimes seem to stall for a couple seconds at around the 67% point then generally zip to completion.

Just updated to 741. We’ll see what happens later in the day.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.