First 3D project

Vectric affiliated store. https://store.designandmake.com/

As Griff said, the horse and the rosette are from the design and make collection in Vcarve. The molding ,I designed (modified) based on profiles from a molding catalog I downloaded of Internet.

1 Like

There are a few free files kicking around, but the best collections I’ve seen are in a 200gb pack a guy sells on This Facebook Group. it’s $350 for 200gb, but if you sell a couple of them then you’re in front. I haven’t purchased it yet but will do so shortly. people post completed models and they look incredible.

Etsy is good too, if you search for 3d STL model for CNC router or similar, they are pretty cheap there

For free files, not all of which are 3d relief files (in fact many arent, but they’re good files) the facebook group Free CNC Art Files has thousands of good ones in the ‘files’ section.

Not sure if you use FB or not, but the amount of free files on there make it worth using - I just created a dummy account that I use to get files - there are also a lot of good tips in the various cnc groups

1 Like

Thanks for the info Stuart, there are so many groups, some good and some not so much, I asked to join these groups to see what they have to offer. Some models on Internet IMO look tacky, it is nice that you give those a recommendation.

yeah its hard, there are a huge amount of groups and sites that are not of much use. there is a user called Curt Barret on the Free CNC art files group, he does a lot of good work. its a shame you can’t just ‘download all’ files off that facebook group, as there are hundreds on there.

I’d like to be at the point where I can make relief models in aspire, but I have too much other stuff going on to focus on it as much as I would like to

1 Like