First post - Introduction

Hey i am oliver, new member in this community. I am a woodworker Hope to learn something cool from you guys

9 Likes

Welcome @Oliverturner11!

What machine do you have and what kind of projects do you intend on using it for ?

In case you want to tell us a bit about yourself, your background, your machine, there is a thread for that here too:

5 Likes

Hope to learn from you as well!
Welcome!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Teddy, New Here as well. Been using a dremel on signs for about 2 years, decided to get the XXL and join up here.

5 Likes

Hi I am Graham Murray,just in the midst of assembling a standard machine

6 Likes

Good Luck Graham. The Instructions are pretty darn good and has pictures too, so…it shouldn’t be too bad on ya

Thanks Teddy,instruction are very good.What are you planning on making with yours.

@circsaw, @Graham,

Welcome to the club! If you are not yet familiar with the CNC workflow, and things that are “around” the Shapeoko (dust collection, workholding, etc…) you might be interested in the shapeoko ebook.

2 Likes

@Oliverturner11 Welcome to the community!!

I will teach that that it is actually perfectly normal to fail - in fact i now get worried if i do something right first time in CNCing LOL - also the Ebook is a must as a first journey find it over here Get me Going book!!

Good Luck speak soon

Jon

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. I appreciate it.

Thank you as well. I’m like that when I design websites. If everything goes right for me, I’m like…Hmmmm? Somethings wrong lol

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.