First Power Up Error

Wonder what happened to these? Here they are, Mark! Best late than never, I guess.

your Z plate is flipped you need to take it off and flip it around and all your problems will be gone

2 Likes

slide it to the front loosen the Z belt and drop the Z plate down flip it around and bolt back up,the nuts should be on the left side of the router,

I was just showing my Wife that (she put it together). LOL…

1 Like

Mark, you just earned yourself an Ice Cold Brewski! (well once Andrea reminded me to reset MDI /$3=0 to /$3=6)!

Hit Jog from there, and Z=Up, X=Right & (Hold your breath…) Y=Back! This without switching out Y1 & Y2!!! So they are Y1=Y1 & Y2=Y2!

We are in action!

Now to see if my 3mm air gap is going to cause issues for me, because there is NO way I can twist that much MDF since it is held into the bottom frame with that many screws!

I just might be able to work that Photo VCarve image I wanted to do (Monday) of my Brother at Daytona (in 2015)!

Thanks to everyone who took their time (and with the speed and accuracy) for the result that Everyone contributed to assist another Newbie into the world of both CNC & Shapeoko! Oh, I do feel good right now! Now to put my 611 back into the housing! (I wanted to avoid any further holes in my spoil board. LOL…

3 Likes

Awesome,Congrats! …

1 Like

Hint - don’t turn the router on until you know what’s going to happen :slight_smile:
You don’t need the router to do most of the checkout. It -is- likely out of square, a little racked, and such. Don’t worry about it until you’ve got all the basic motion working properly (software talks, jog works the way you think it should, etc.) - then start working up in capability. Add the router, do the “hello world” test with a pen, then start squaring things up.

2 Likes

I’m close to that, and yes I sure do agree with you! In this case, patience is a vertue!~ Baby Steps…

Jog is zeroed on my test work piece. Software is getting tweeked. I’m just verifying the DeWalt 611 speed settings (can’t find my printout, so I just had to surf once again to score that info.

I’ll be using a Chinese 30deg engraving bit plunged to a max depth of 0.02" into 0.12" of Baltic Birch Plywood. PhotoVCarve. I’m using 15deg for ‘A’, speed of 50IPM, Plunge of 50IPM (may have it dialed in at 40?).

I just want to take it very slowly!

It took me nearly 3 years to gather the money to purchase the following:

Router
Bits (many various sizes)
Various materials to cut & carve
Software from Vectric VCD & PVC
EleksMaker 2500mW Laser (to understand the g-code)
Shapeoko 3

I have no intentions on waiting another 3 years to gather this much money ever again (well that is without the assistance of my Shapeoko3!). I intend to respect and understand 7568!

1 Like

I have worked 3 test carvings. With baby steps, they are getting better. When working with PhotoVCarve, less lines is better! (Up to a point, that is).

I was mind blown when I watched a simple Steven Hawking tribute done in PVC. When this guy sprayed his MDF black, and how the image popped out of the MDF was puzzling. So I took test image 3 and did the same. OMG! Black & White (excuse the pun) or should I say Day & Night. I was able to see my Brother’s face as he was getting into his car at Daytona in 2015! You could see the stands clearly in the background, and you could also see, but not make out the sponsorship on his clothing! I’ll post an image tomorrow on how the paint job went. Just playing with some flat paint.

Project 4 was a little fluky though. I decided to work on my Wasteboard. Putting 3 leg T-Nuts. Worked my magic in VCarve, and something fluky went down. I’ll make a new thread on that issue tomorrow. Too tired right now.

Once again, I have to thank everyone who helped hold my hand through this daunting process. There is just so much to put on your plate when you are learning this process.

P.S. I purchased a 2500mW Laser to teach me for the Shapeoko. That idea went down like a lead balloon! Maybe 30% is useable in both worlds, but they, just like 3D Printing are so far apart from one another, you are just asking for trouble if you try to take up all 3 hobbies! Focus on one, and stick to it, until you are no longer a novice.

I also hope this thread is able to assist other Newbies into the Hobby. There is so much to digest. Do take it in Baby Steps is all I can say.

Pictures tomorrow…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.