After doing the fine tutorials and receiving a VISE, my first project was to make fuss-free, slightly sacrificial jaws for the vise, since my next project will be making 100 pc. of an aluminum doodad that will require machining into the jaw region, and I don’t want to mar my nice Nomad vise. The parts all start exactly 1" x 2" x 3" so I made a pair of jaws in one piece, with a channel on the bottom side to fit snugly on top of the Nomad vise, and be pre-spaced to 1.05" apart. The jaws are attached to each other by a springy pattern in the “renshape” That way I can pop in a piece of the aluminum part to be cut, center sufficiently by feel, bottoming it on the jaw’s platform, and tightening the vise. Here’s a pic on the vise:
The inset is a pic of the underside, the part that snugs over the vise runners.
I did it as a “flip” project with carpet tape, you can probably tell that my manual flip wasn’t perfectly aligned, but this happily doesn’t affect the function of the part.