Fluctuating rpm 2,2kw spindle

So I have installed a g penny spindle and yl620a vfd. I’ve got it all working and controlled by CM. But I noticed that the rpm isn’t as stable when controlled with CM as it is when I just controlled it manually at the vfd. Any idea’s
where to adjusting parameters on vfd or is it something else? Got a pwn to analog converter wired in between controller and vfd

This would be the first thing I’d look at. The 0-5V output on the board should run most spindles happily.

I tried without converter first but didn’t get it to run smoothly either, it’s not much it fluctuates about 20-100rpm but you are able to hear it.

I’d look into the VFD settings and add a filtering time - if your VFD has this option.

Have you measured the voltage on the On the pwm Line to the vfd? I’ve never heard of the voltage fluctuating from the board.

Measured voltage from the cm board and from the converter is stable, but I the frequency is not according the vfd display

Now I’ve tried all sorts of things and with the vfd in manual mode it’s running smoothly but when change into cm it starts to stutter? Fluctuating. Anyone that has similar spindle and vfd?

I think @EneK has the same VFD and…ran into the exact same RPM stability issue. We discussed it in that thread along with options to troubleshoot

1 Like

Yes, I had recently solved that problem. I used a PWM to analog voltage converter (this one) and seems to work fine. I had to set the VFD to 0-10V external control by moving up the first jumper.

1 Like

Did you get it 100% stable? I just got it better but not so I feel satisfied. Still little fluctuations.

It is stable, the frequency shown on the VFD fluctuates just a bit (only the last number) and the spindle sounds fine, before putting the converter the sound was horrible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.