For sale: Nomad 883 Pro [SOLD]

Unfortunately, I have to do this.

Nomad 883 Pro HDPE enclosure (cleaned and lubed; ~100 hours run time)
Custom dust head (along with replacement brush material)
C3D bed
C3D sea-of-holes bed
C3D Vise
C3D Flip jig
C3D Edge finder
High Tech Systems replacement bed (sea-of-holes and compatible with the C3D bed)
Full set of bolts, brackets, and cams for the sea-of-holes
0.25" collet and nut
0.125" collect and nut
Niagara AlTiN coated 2 flute 0.125" square end end mill
Niagara AlTiN coated 2 flute 0.125" ball end end mill
0.125" machinists steel dowels (useful for zeroing)
3 - 3" x 5" walnut blocks 1" thick
5 - 3" x 5" Renshape blocks 1" thick
5 - 4" x 6" HDPE 0.25" thick
2 - 3" x 5" machinable wax blocks 2" thick
MeshCAM Art (not the basic MeshCAM)
Spare parts (new spindle, new spindle motor, and new PCB) for those just in case situations
Misc. tools that go with the machine
USB cable
Power supply
Original packaging
1 - bottle Super lube (the recommended lube for the machine)
1 - bottle organic lubricant (good for 6061)

I’m asking $2100. I’m in the SF bay area but I’m willing to discuss shipping.

mark

Any reason in particular?

Unfortunately, dealing with a health issue.

mark

Can I buy just the meshcam art license? if not that’s okay, I hope everything works out with your health.

I would rather not - the purchaser would be without any software.

mark

Sorry to hear, wish you best.

Hey Mark, I’m sorry to hear about your misfortune. I’ve been lurking here for a long time and just signed up hoping to find a way to message you about your Nomad. I’m in the Bay Area and am interested. What is the best way to contact you?
Thanks,
Tito

Hi Mark, Also sorry to hear of your reason to sell. I might be interested also and am in SoCal so could pick up. If Tito doesn’t work out, let me know at my gmail account – stathelios.

Brendan

Thanks for kind words. I’ll let you know if @tito doesn’t work out.

mark

Just realized I mistyped my gmail. It is ‘statichelios’ (as in static helios – my hobby is heliostats).

Ca line scans? H? He?

mark

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t understand. I’m not talking electron microscopes & elements if that’s what you mean. I mean old-school tech to just make a mirror follow the sun and reflect it to a static point through the day. Either for concentrated solar or thermal power generation.

Sorry, I don’t understand. I’m not talking electron microscopes & elements if that’s what you mean.

Not what I mean at all. :frowning:

I mean old-school tech to just make a mirror follow the sun and reflect it to a static point through the day. Either for concentrated solar or thermal power generation.

Heliostats are used to track the sun. They were originally used to maintain an image of the sun so one could analyze the light - H (hydrogen), He (helium), Ca (calcium) and so forth.

Sorry, astrophysics background.

mark

That’s really bad news mate. Very sorry to hear!
I hope you get well soon!

Mark,
Got it home safely. Thanks for being so super helpful with everything.

For everybody else,
Just so ya know, the Nomad in its shipping box will not fit into a Corolla (I guess I wasn’t exepcting that), but out of the box it fits nicely on the back seat (and surely in the trunk, though we didn’t try).

Tito

1 Like