Fusion 360 subscription

I just noticed that Autodesk is having a sale that ends this week. 30% off the Fusion360 price if you opt for the 3 year plan. So, it is $382/ year instead of $545/year for 3 years.

It’s tempting, not sure if I will pull the trigger though.

It would really depend on the work you do. I use my subscription for 3d modeling stuff that I either 3D print, or for cnc machining parts on either my mill, or shapoko. Signs, plaques and wood work gets developed in Vectric’s Vcarve Pro. For organic 3D stl files, I’ll use MeshCAM. The folding step stool I posted a couple weeks ago was modeled in Solidworks, and the dxf files exported into Vcarve for final design work, nesting and gcode generating.

I bit on the last deal like that a few years ago. I will finally get to use it with the SO5.
Do it !

The deals turn up pretty regularly, 30% seems to be the best discount level.

Given current rates of inflation the 3 year deal seems like a good deal if you were going to pay anyway.

You can carry on using the free version with a few irritating obstructions and some limitations to functionality. I ended up upgrading when I started using Fusion to do paid work, not just hobby stuff, and, having run a software company, figured that paying for the software was the right thing to do once I was getting paid for work using it.

There are some fixes for the ‘no rapids’ and other simple irritations, you don’t get a whole lot more in the paid package, other than the right to pay for more extensions to manufacturing such as 4th and 5th axis control.

HTH

edit - here’s a thread with Fenrus’ excellent gcode fixer code

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.