I have this odd issue where everything I cut is a little off. If I make a 1" square pocket it comes out to about 0.99". I tried adding a contour step at the end to clear up any remaining leftovers, but still get something off in size. I included 2 example G-codes. A few notes:
- I am not using “stock to leave”
- I am using a contour finish
- I have tried climb and conventional milling
- My mill is calibrated, I moved 30 inches in x and y and measured an error below 0.1%
- I tried similar features with carbide create, and they seem to turn out a lot closer
- I am using ESTL cam to do the controlling, but don’t think that is an issue. I might try to get carbide motion running again, it doesn’t connect since I flashed the board.
- I tried exporting the steps as GRBL, but got the same issue
- The positions of the gcode look right. IF I do the math, things should be in the right position
- The bit diameter seems right. I measured the diameter, and a slot cut in wood makes the right width
Suggestions on what to try next?