Fusion360 Post proces failing - March6-2021

Hi, After 18 month of using fusion360 on all sorts of projects i find myself stumped today.

I postprocess and is fails with the message below. Looking in the folder with all the configs the carbide file is a 1kb file where most of the rest are 30+kb’s so dont know if that is normal… I;ve tried some of my old manufacturing set ups that exported/post processed fine the last time I used them… now they all get the same error. A generic grbl export will work fine. Any tips most appreciated…!

Colin

Error: Failed to evaluate post configuration.

Code page changed to ‘1252 (ANSI - Latin I)’

Start time: Saturday, March 6, 2021 8:06:56 PM

###############################################################################

Error: SyntaxError: XML can’t be the whole program

Error at line: 7

Failed while processing global script.

###############################################################################

Can you share the post you’re using here? Sounds like it might be the problem.

1 Like

its a bit odd that about a 1/3 of the post process formats all have very small config files (120 bytes or so) and all dont work (including carbide3d’s) and all the others have "normal"20-40kb files and work fine.

Maybe something happened during an update.
Can you directly download the post from Autodesk?
If that doesn’t work out you’re ready to move on, you can use this post.
https://a360.co/2HE5uNG

Something may be going on over at Autodesk. Yesterday when I started up F360, I got a message that my license is expired. I’m only five months into a year subscription. I did a chat with support and that person couldn’t understand what was going on either. I’m probably going to have to wait until Monday before I get any resolution. Also, they are down for the next few minutes in the U.S. at least for some overhaul. Maybe something they did in preparation for their work today broke some stuff.

Seems to be back now.

It’s coming up in “offline mode” for me.

Now it’s up. But I my license is still expired. I can’t save, but I can do a post process, and that worked just fine. A while back, I had the option turned on where the MS test editor would open after the post processing to show the gcode and I started getting some error. I don’t remember what that error was. I turned it off and didn’t have any issues thereafter. Maybe turn that feature off and try again. I just can’t recall much about it.

Try unchecking the Open nc file in editor at the bottom of the post processor box. That makes it open Visual Editor with the gcode.

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.