G-code Carbide Motion 5 G20 not working

Using The Carbide Motion 5 download… I have an issue with trying to use inches but it defaults to mm.

Ex. Turn On , Connect, Initialize, Rapid move to SW position. (Settings is set to use inches)

What I would like to do is move the machine to a specified position in inches.

So @ SW position, I Zero All, and now origin is at SW position.

In the MDI COMMAND LINE, I enter G91 G20 G0X0.586Y1.562 -->ENTER,
Expected movement should be .586 inches right, 1.562 Up. Actual movement is in (mm).

The Work Around:

I would enter the converted units as G91 G20 G0X14.875Y39.675 and I achieve the desired results.

**How Do I fix my code to use inches on the input? I have also tried $13=1 but no joy ??? **

Hi @just_Adam,

Welcome to the community !

Carbide Motion is known to intercept some of the G-code commands (for the good of the less experienced users and what dangerous things they may do in the MDI command line :slight_smile: ).
I replicated the same behavior, so it must filter out the G20 commands or something.
Anyway, just add a single slash character at the beginning of the line and it will go straight through to GRBL, and then it will work as expected.

3 Likes

i am having the same problem…
x,y was set to 0 and i just power on the machine after so long and it was calibirate then stopped i get error message cutter didnt respond
am runnng windows 8 64Bit
carbide motion ver 5
anyone know the solution plz

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com and let us know the specifics and we’ll do our best to work through this with you.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.