Gcode from other machines will they work with Shapeoko Pro?

I found a great spoil board that I like and can buy the gcode to cut it all out but it is written for a long mill cnc. Will that code work with my Shapeoko Pro XXL? The sailboard sizes are the same.

Longmill is a GRBL machine as well, so the G-Code should be 100% compatible, or very close.
When you get the files, post the headers here & we can help you if any edits are needed.
Things to note would be if your machine has bitsetter & bitrunner, and which spindle/router.

I do have a bit setter and I have the Carbide Router

Why would you want this as G-code?

Why not get, or create a Carbide Create source file which would afford more control, in particular the ability to adjust feeds and speeds, and choose what sort of tooling one wishes to use.

1 Like

Why buy when CC is free. Plus it is good practice for making future projects. The other issue with using someone else’s files is if you want to make changes you do not know how. The original author might be using different hardware than you will be using and so you would need to modify the design.

I would suggest you create your own. You can post it here on the forum for a final check before cutting or if you have any difficulties people will help you.

The thing about spoilboard they are like potato chips. You cant just eat one. Spoiboards will be a continuous need for the life of the machine.

2 Likes

Got a link? I’m curious what makes it great.

If you’re running someone else’s gcode, make sure you know where zero is set and what the extents of the toolpaths are.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.