I haven’t had the Pro for very long but what I do have is a recurring issue that I cannot figure out.
I haven’t changed any settings or set zero’s or anything manually since I started. I rely on the bitzero because right now I am doing fairly small pieces, so I plop the piece on the board, secure it and run the probe.
This is the problem. I would say that nearly 40% of the time my projects start at least 6mm above the actual piece. I then have to stop the job and start all over. It’s gotten to the point where I check the position with rapid position. X-Y and then the rapid Z+6, after probing and moving the spindle somewhere else to double check but even then, sometimes, but only sometimes, it still hovers over the piece.
My process is simple.
- Move spindle to general area of the bottom left of the piece.
- Place BitZero in bottom left corner.
- Attach BitZero magnet to collet nut
- Jog machine so the bit is in the center and inside the BitZero hole.
- Click probe, select Bitzero 2, select all (the first one).
- Set Zero, Press Done (no changes)
- I remove the magnet from the collet and move the bitZero to a position on the side of the table making sure the Magnet is not and has not touched anything else.
- Load and run, or run a previously loaded job.
I am not sure what I could be doing wrong?
It’s worth noting that every single time the numbers in the set zero section XYZ are the same. I think 10,10,19 but not sure. I am not well versed enough with XYZ yet, I know what they mean, how it works but it’s not something I would notice if I was doing something wrong.
Like for example, when I rapid my machine to the very front left, I get negative numbers like -117 and the initialized home position is in the 700’s. Not sure if that’s part of the issue or it’s normal or…