Gift for Friend in Recovery

You all have posted really amazing pieces! I’m always inspired when I come here. Today I thought I’d post a picture of one of my first projects. Still learning with each carving, but I’m proud of each project! This was a gift for someone’s friend, inspired by something they saw online. If I had to do it again I’d definitely make a few changes, especially at the bottom.

12 Likes

Fantastic! what kind of wood is that? what software did you use? great work, I look forward to seeing more!

1 Like

Fwiw, I actually like the tearout at the bottom. Goes with the aesthetic.

2 Likes

Thanks! I designed this in Aspire and carved it into poplar. I’m still so new at this that I’ve really only experimented with poplar and basswood. Oh, and I made some really neat business cards/thanks for your purchase cards using black walnut!

Amazing! I would like to see those cards too!

1 Like

Thanks! I got so excited the bricks came out very much like I’d hoped that I ignored that area entirely apparently, lol.

Thanks! I’ll upload a pic of the cards below in just a sec.

My shop is “the knotí boutique” (I know, groaaaaaan, lol. It’s not set in stone yet fortunately.) Here are the cards. They’re much more legible in person, the pic doesn’t do them justice. I think I’d like to try maple next time.

2 Likes

I like the name! Those are such a cool idea! I would have never thought about doing something like that…

1 Like