GRBL updater with Win 7 32 bit

I downloaded the grbl updater and when I try to run it I get the message “The version of this file is not compatible wuth the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, then contact the software publisher.”

The computer properties say my Win 7 is 32 bit. I can run CC and CM fine. Why not the updater? Is there a version that will work with 32-bit?

I’m an Apple person and my knowledge of Windows is limited, so it may be something I’m doing. Any words of wisdom to help?

The Windows version of the updater is 64-bits.

Please see: GRBL 1.1 and Carbide Motion 4

William, I’m sorry for the confusion. I’m trying to go to 1.1 from 0.9. I’ve been living with 0.9 for a couple years now and wanted to switch to use CM 4. I don’t understand a lot of what is in the GRBL 1.1 and Carbide Motion 4 answer but it looks like it’s going the other way. Sorry.

From the 3rd bullet point:

Download that instead of v0.9, or probably easier, just borrow a friend’s 64-bit machine.

You can do the upgrade with a Mac too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.