Great time meeting the crew at Maker Faire SF

The Carbide3D booth was buzzing at Maker Faire. I had the opportunity to visit, meet @robgrz, @UnionNine, and @Jorge. Crystal pictured below with me and my son, assembles the Nomad. Really glad to spend the time.

1 Like

I went to the Makerfaire on Saturday. When I visited the Carbide 3D booth I was greeted by Rob, Jorge, Edward, and Union 9. Two Nomads were in the booth, one was making 2 sided parts, it was very cool! The Shapeoko 3 was also displayed with dozens of colorful impressive parts made by the Nomad. As everyone has heard the people at Carbide 3D are very nice. I talked with Rob and Jorge for a while and I can say with certainty that they are in tune with the customers’ technical and work flow requirements. Thank you for making quality products and keep up the great work!

1 Like

+1 Great to meet the team. Shout out to @UnionNine - great to meet in person. So much to see @ Maker Faire and really nice to see the enthusiasm for the Nomad, especially given all the other ($$expensive$$) eye candy like the tormach and the plasma cutter.

Warren

1 Like

It was great to talk with @Jorge again in person, we originally met at Maker Faire 2014. It was also great to meet @robgrz in person too! We stopped by Sunday afternoon and they were showing their great enthusiasm for the Nomad 883, but were looking a little tired. Can’t imagine standing and talking with 1000’s of people over the whole weekend.

It’s really motivating to talk to all of you in real life and hear about what you’re doing. We really appreciate you guys ( and others like @3dsteve ) fighting the crowds to stop by.

-Rob

PS- I made some promises about Carbide Motion features at the show so I’ll try to get an update out in the next 7-10 days.

1 Like

Ya it was great meeting you guys and seeing those mini wood dunnies! cant wait to try the new flip jig.

Glad I was able to wiggle my way through the cheerful madness at maker fair to chat with the Carbide crew. It was great to be able to talk with the folk who made this thing happen and find them just as excited about it as I am. Thanks!

The Bay area Maker Faire was a ton of fun, and a great opportunity to meet the Carbide3D team in person. These guys are the real deal, with quality products. Take a minute to recommend the Nomad to your maker friends.

If you have not been to the MakerFaire here is a one minute video that gives a brief view of some of the things you can see and do there…

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31702201/MakerFaire%202015.mp4

1 Like