Grovee Jenny Bit

I saw on another post about fuzzies after vcarve and a user recommended a new vee bit.

Thanks
[/quote]

I ordered one of these bits and got it in the mail today. I am working an a Letters to Santa project and cut the rear door with a #302 60 degree bit. I got the mail and for the second and front door I used the new bit. I used the #302 bit as the tool. Here is a side by side comparison of the two carves with no sanding or touch up.

#302 Bit

Groovee Jenny 60 Degree Bit

This is in Fir which is much like pine and the worst case for vcarving. I thought the Groovee Jenny did an excellent job of carving. There needs to be some clean up but not nearly as much as with the #302

Here is the side by side. #302 on left and Groovee Jenny on the right. The text on the left is 1.5" and the text on the right is 2" so that is why they look like different sizes and is not the bit.

Normally I would not use pine and/or fir but this is part of a 2x4 challenge so I have to use it.

I already had the project saved so I did not create a custom tool. The #302 is a 2 flute 60 degree bit and the Groovee Jenny is a 3 flute down cut bit. I will make a custom tool later but for now the bit ran fine as a #302.

6 Likes

I created a new tool library and new tool. I opened the data directory and the tools director and edited my new library. I basically copied what a #302 does but changed a few things.

number vendor model URL name type diameter cornerradius flutelength shaftdiameter angle numflutes stickout coating metric notes machine material plungerate feedrate rpm depth cutpower finishallowance 3dstepover 3dfeedrate 3drpm
702 Cadance Mfg Groovee Jenny Groovee Jenny vee 0.375 0 0.375 0.25 60 3 1.5 0 Shaepoko Hardwood 20 35 18000 0.08 0.08 2 35 18000

I just got a new laptop and need to power up the old one and get my custom database for my key hole bit and my surfacing bit. Doooooh!!!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.