Guitar pick holder

I saw something similar on Etsy and decided to design my own. I used some clipart of an acoustic guitar to make the profile, and clipart of a pick to make the recesses (oversized). Then I designed in some holes for magnets to hold on the lid.

The graphics were done using my Ortur 15W laser engraver.

13 Likes

I saw a story that the late great Eddie Van Halen died of throat cancer. He believed it was caused by holding guitar pics in his mouth. Eddie was also a heavy smoker so you guess what gave him throat cancer, the first cigarette he ever smoked or the last one he smoked or his guitar picks. We will never know but keep guitar picks out of your mouth.

Great looking project. Your quartersawn oak looks good. Are you going to post it on cutrocket.com

5 Likes

That’s really cool, thank you for sharing!

This is some pick holders I made for friends.

4 Likes

I read somewhere he always used metal picks when he was young, and held them in his mouth very often, and possibly the magnetic reaction caused by all the electronics around him, amps and such, might have caused his throat cancer later in life.

I guess guitar picks were, or are, not made out BPA free plastic.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28466560/

Nice, I wish I had thought of a pocket on the bottom for some text or something on one I did for my son. Here’s what I did, nothing fancy but functional.

5 Likes

There is nothing stopping you from making another one. A little piece of maple and some paint and a little imagination is all that is required. Go forth and machine things!!! :grinning: