Hardware: Issue with Carbide3D Router

I’m having a problem with my CCR which was replaced under warranty just a few short months ago. This evening I started a sign to learn about prism carving and texturing in Vectric Pro. I got the prism text carved and then moved to a pocket clearing pass and got horrendous results, see photo attached.

I then changed the bit and noticed a lot of play in the shaft of the router, not necessarily visible, but certainly audible. I’ve attached a video, which I hope captures the noise (a clicking) when viewed.

I’m assuming this is not normal, but is this a warranty claim?

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com — I suspect your new unit has bad bearings and will need to be replaced (though you could replace them yourself if out of warranty).

John ,
Carbide3D has been pretty good with warranty. In most states for instance if you have a 1 year warranty and you get a warranty replacement and/or repair on the last day you get an additional 30 days of warranty extension for the specific problem you had fixed. I dont know the warranty terms for Carbide3d but that is pretty standard for most post warranty issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.