Has anything changed that may have caused this error in Lightburn

Using Lightburn successfully and running the Macro for using the Laser that @Julien recommended

The console error is reported as follows:

Waiting for connection…
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
error:9
G-code locked out during alarm or jog state.
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ok
Homing
[VER:1.1f.20170131:]
[OPT:VNPR,14,128]
Target buffer size found
ok
ok
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:00
File imported in 144 milliseconds
<Idle|WPos:456.000,412.000,-3.000|FS:0,0|WCO:-459.000,-415.000,0.000>
ok
<Idle|WPos:456.000,412.000,-3.000|FS:0,0|Ov:100,100,100>
ok
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:00
ok
ALARM:3
Reset while in motion. Grbl cannot guarantee position. Lost steps are likely. Re-homing is highly recommended.
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ok

I have restarted my computer several times and move the X rail and Z axis to all of its limits manually but to no avail. I am using the latest copy of LightBurn version 0.9.24 in macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Any assistance in understanding what the alarm 3 message is telling me and how I might fix it would be appreciated. I have not attempted to reset anything while the machine is in motion. I have a similar enquiry on Lightburn’s forum but no assistance as yet.

Using the move tab, I can tell you that the [Home] button works as expected.
:arrow_down: button moves the Z axis left. (-X)
:arrow_left: button moves the Z axis down (-Y)
:arrow_up: button moves the Z axis left and down simultaneously (-X & -Y together)
:arrow_right: button moves the Z axis left and down simultaneously (-X & -Y together)

resolved. My fault. the Lightburn work area must be equal to the machine size, not the workpiece size. Doh! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If it’s the same problem I had, just add $X as the first line of your macro and all will work again without having to change sizes. If you’re using cut from current position and you’re not homing, this works fine.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information, Gary. I will give that a try because the size of the workspace in Lightburn has caught me out before. I keep wanting to make the workpiece and the work area the same size, like I do when cutting in Carbide Create.