Help - Installing NEW rectangular Bitsetter on XXL pro

Anyone have video or installation procedures for the new rectangular Shapeoko 4 Bit Setter? I received from Carbide and it came without parts list and instructions. I think I may be missing parts?? I have a Shapeoko XXL Pro and can’t figure out how to mount it to the frame - it’s totally different than the V2.
Any help would be great, Thanks!!

Doesn’t the Pro come with the bitsetter installed?

2 Likes

Hi Neil, Great question and yet another confusing subject!! When I purchased this Shapeoko, (little over a year ago) I thought it was. At the time, at least when I bought it, it was, I believe, the most expensive (like $2300-ish) and due to extenuating circumstances, was unable to put it into commission until just recently.
I have been somewhat perplexed when different apps (Carbide Create or Motion V5) ask what machine I have, as well as other software, that ask if I’m using “Shapeoko XL, XXL, XXL Pro, or Shapeoko 3/4 etc.”.
So, it appears that when I selected the Bitsetter 4, I should have purchased the V2.
At this point, I’m going to try to fabricate a way to attach the rectangular one. If successful, I’ll shoot a pic,… if I screw up, I’ll hide in shame, LOL!! Regardless I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Thank you for getting back to me!!
Very Respectfully, David

Please shoot some pics now, before you start modifying things, so that we/support can see what you have at hand.

Ok. I’ll bite. Why is that another confusing subject?

The 3 machines are very distinct. Without a solid starting point of what machine you have, it’s going to be hard for anyone to advise.

How about a picture of your machine if you’re unsure?

2 Likes

@DnBHomes65 Sounds like you might have purchased a standard Shapeoko XXL. Is there a large sticker that spells out Shapeoko Pro a long your y-axis? Do you have two linear rails running down the length of your x-axis? If you do, you have a Shapeoko Pro. If you don’t, you have standard Shapeoko.

[quote=“DCFYI, post:6, topic:36741, full:true”]
Sounds like you might have purchased a standard Shapeoko XXL. Is there a large sticker that spells out Shapeoko Pro a long your y-axis? Do you have two linear rails running down the length of your x-axis? If you do, you have a Shapeoko Pro. If you don’t, you have standard Shapeoko.

[/quote]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.