Help! My spindle is stopping

Hi everyone,
my machine was working fine, as always, and then suddenly today the spindle started turning off a couple inches above the work and then either throwing up a “limit switch” error and stopping everything altogether, or, worse, carrying on with the job and just trying to drag a non-spinning spindle.

The belt on my spindle seemed loose, so I tightened it a bit, and that seems to have made things worse, though it’s possible (even likely) that things were getting worse, and the belt had nothing to do with it. I need my machine, I’m in the middle of making a bunch of stuff to sell. Any thoughts?

I have emailed support as well. Here’s two videos of the misbehavior:

Problem V1, note how here it stops in midair, then starts again and proceeds to cut air for a while:

Problem V2, shuts off, drags the non-spinning cutter around:

Can you post a like to your NC code?

Let’s make sure it isn’t wrong (you know turning your spindle off)

Hi Richard,
Here’s the code, but for what it’s worth I heard back from C3D, and @Jorge said it looks like “the spindle driver board is having trouble commutating your motor,” so they’re gonna shoot me a new one. Also if you watch both videos, the behavior is different each time, so I’m pretty sure it’s mechanical in nature.

CORIAN CIRCLES.nc (781.3 KB)

Yup, the code looks good. I think it’s electrical (Board)

Spindle control board is bad. I ran into the same problems two months ago.

Thanks, guys. They’re sending me a new board.