Help please limit switch error

having trouble with the homing… just go tit assembled and say homing error on x axis and i have it hooked up to the right port on the board and have it in the correct position on the x axis and getting a homing error when i try to home it

im no professional but try unhooking the wires going to the motors and try moving the x axis to the homing spot and see if you see any obstruction between the switch and the plate that it hits .

There is a basic page on troubleshooting the homing switches at: Home Switch Troubleshooting - Carbide 3D

EDIT: See the updated page at:

https://my.carbide3d.com/docs/troubleshooting-homing/

Please check that the switches are plugged in correctly, work properly — when the machine powers up the homing indicator lights should flicker on/off, then once the controller is booted up you can test the switches by pressing them — the matching light should light while the switch is pressed (closed), and should go off when the switch is released (open).

Please make sure that the machine can mechanically close the appropriate homing switch on an axis before reaching the limit of travel along that axis — if it can’t, it should be possible to adjust a problematic switch’s placement by loosening the hardware in question, pulling it into a better alignment and then tightening it.

The machine being out of square can also affect this, squaring up the machine, or more expediently, securing a small block or plate for the homing switches to contact may be necessary.

i figured it out i and a limit switch bracket switched and a limit switch switched… note to self don’t put together a shapeoko while extremely tired thanks for the response and so far i am really liking the customer service… thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.