Honest customer service question

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. CNC is only going to appeal to a limited segment of the population. The vast majority will be tech savvy no matter what age group and the internet isn’t going to be foreign to them.

Welcome to the 21st Century. AI answers the majority of your calls to people now and gives canned answers. I am 69 years old and like many grew up where you had to be home to get a phone call. I worked in the computer industry almost all my life. I started working on mechanical cash registers and typewriters and adding machines. Then we started getting electronic cash registers. I then worked for Eastman Kodak for 19 years working on microfilmers, printers that were kerosene based. Then came the laser printers. I also worked on mainframe connected printers that printed microfiche mostly of computer readouts for banks. I later worked for Sun Microsystems and later Oracle on enterprise computer systems. I worked on Mac, Unix and Windows based machines on both hardware and software. I was a certified systems administration on Solaris and had A+ certifications on PC and Mac. I learned to type in the Air Force and that served me well during my career. So I had a lot of colleagues that grew up with computers and had computer science degrees. So most people under the age of 80 have some form of computing, phones, laptops or desktop that they use everyday.

Yes it is nice to talk to someone because you feel you are being heard. However the majority of phone conversations with technical people are forgotten as soon as they hang up the phone.

Today you can vote with your money. Go where you think you get the best value. For my money it is with Carbide3d. They have many competitors and if you get on their forums you see the same things you see on Carbide3d’s site. People with unrealistic expectations that want instant answers to complicated problems. With rare exceptions I have seen C3D solve their problems and make fixes that make the user experience better.

When I worked for Oracle their customer service was take it or leave it. They were the leaders in database and frankly did not care if you liked their product because it was the only option for many customers after spending millions of dollars getting Oracle implemented.

Likely the best thing about C3D is their policy of not addressing fault and making things right during your warranty. Not many companies do that and just assume YOU did something wrong and therefore voided your warranty.

I had to take classes during my working career on handling customers. There are just some customers that can never be pleased. No matter how hard you work for them they are mad because they had a problem in the first place. If you have a pencil it has an eraser on the end because people make mistakes. Welcome to the 21st Century pencil with a digital eraser.

6 Likes

I purchased my Shapeoko 3 xxl in 2018. Any time I have needed customer service, they were very helpful and I received the parts ordered in a timely manor. Overall I am very pleased with the machine and the software.

So I personally recommend Carbide 3d.

P.S. I’ve gone thru several waste boards, logged a ton of hours with it and all I’ve needed is one drive belt for the Y-axis. It’s been a solid machine. :+1:

5 Likes

Well said guys
@gdon_2003 sounds like we hard a similar start in our careers, I started with NCR ( cash registers) then we were part of AT&T so the inside joke was, Cash Registers And Phones :slight_smile: CRAP for short. We called those courses “Charm School” way back in the day :slight_smile:

I use to teach my staff;
“We try our best to not make a mistake however it does happen. I expect ; -Admit it, -Fix it ,-Learn by it. The only real mistake is if you didn’t learn by it.”

All I can say is props to C3D. They own it, normally without any question. They fix it. The owners are on the front lines learning and sharing what they are doing to improve it. This is impressive.
What more can we reasonably ask for ?

I definitely recommend C3D and their company values. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.