How can I permanently activate my home switches in Carbide Motion?

I suspect the initial odd Homing behavior has gone away, and your getting used to the Rapid Positioning options that come with the homing feature.

Here are the steps to take otherwise:

Cycle power, RE-establish SB connection and re-open Carbide Motion.

Update your CM.

You did adjust your table X Y size? 430Y and 850X for the XL .
850X x 850Y for the XXL.

With the power off, can you move your gantries smoothly?
Pulley set screws are on the flat of the stepper shafts and tight?

Is there a way to “permanently” set the “Has Homing” parameter? It works for me, thanks for the help, but I have to reset it to “true” every time I restart the app.

@cobalt60 the command $22=1 set it permanently for me.

@ApolloCrowe the strange homing behavior has not changed. The Z axis looks to home properly; as the gantry travels to the back and the X moves to the right, the Z will move up to the homing switch and then back off slightly (which is, I suspect, correct behavior). Once the gantry moves toward the back of the machine, both the X and Y stop short of the limit, never touching off the switches. Then CM just sits there and waits. Here’s a video of what happens:

I can, after the failed homing attempt (without moving anything), close CM, switch power off my XXL, power back on, run CM, connect my XXL, jog and home; then homing works. It’s always the first homing attempt after sitting a while off that fails.

Setting the table size in the Carbide Motion settings is not the only place you have to set the table size.

Did you set your table size in the GRBL settings via the MDI? You need to set $130=850 and $131=850 for the XXL.

3 Likes

@dtilton71 I think that did it! I’ll try again later when I’ve got more time to putz with it, but it seems to be working now. Thanks man!!

Now does anyone have a class on WCS? LOL!

Tim Foreman wrote up a nice bit for the wiki:

http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/G-Code#Using_the_Work_Coordinate_Systems

WCS other than G 54 is not presently supported in carbide motion. I know Rob is working on it