How much more rigid is the S5?

Curious to know the results, there is a difference between the machine being loud and table amplifying it because its a big chunk of metal moving and machine making ear deafening screeching sound on diagonal moves.

I definitely get some screeching on diagonal movement. I think the solution was to add more grease to lube it up more. I have not done that yet, mainly because the sounds isn’t that bad. It’s usually the worst when moving from the bottom right to top left of the stock.

I tried grease, I tried the recommended oil, nothing removes that sound

To my ear, my machine has no noticeable difference between straight(1 axis) movements and diagonal(2 axis) movements. Like I said earlier, it isn’t quiet by any means, but then again it’s a rather large machine, so I didn’t expect it to be silent either.

Heres a video of my machine air cutting the pattern:

1 Like

No, my machine is unopened and i saw your video. I got scared and ended up with less space in my garage so i was going to send it back and maybe get the 2x4. Now debating on going a whole different route.

Yours sounds better to me for sure, maybe a touch of resonance but not alot

1 Like

Definetly sound better than mine, its loud but at least no nasty screeching sound like mine does. Thank you for posting the video

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.