How to carve small text on plastic?

This is exactly what i’ve been trying to do. The only font that I found in Fusion is Simplex so I guess i’m limited to that.
So i’ll read up on the trace toolpath in Fusion.
Thanks for the tip.

Thank you Tex, I will give that a try also.
I also still don’t know how to identify a single line font. Is is just trial error?

When it comes to Fusion, I am far from capable. But I get by for what I do, and its all I use currently. I have a post sometime back about the text tool, and I don’t believe anyone had much info on it. Basically, its terrible. That said, I played with using an outside vector tool, and importing into Fusion. I found the work flow irritating. Now, I use the text tool in Fusion with pretty good speed, and excellent results for my purpose. If you scroll up to the top of the default Fusion Text library, you will see a line. Above that line are preinstalled fonts that will function as single line fonts.

That means that the characters are defined by “single lines” (vectors), just as if you wrote them down with a pencil. Normal “computer” text is created with each character’s edge outlined. There is a distance between the edges of a “T” for instance. The VCARVE routines will use that outline as a limit for cutting out the center of the character.

Thank you, a million times. They will be perfect

Tex, I understand the difference. I just didn’t know how to find them in a long list without selecting each text and seeing if it is single line or not.
The previous post to yours told me where to look so i’m good to go.

Hopefully I can get some placards made when some vee bits turn up.

Thanks again all for your help

Ah, my mistake. I’ve just found many with the search engine DuckDuckGo (I rarely use GooGoil :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: )

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.