How to select 3d components?

Hello,
I am importing stl to file but after unable to move it around or resize it except for height. Then when i go to toolpath, it says element not selected. I unable to select the component… what am I doing wrong?
Newbie here, something so simple made me stare at the screen for 10 minutes before posting here.

It is not possible to select 3D components and move them around — they need to be positioned as desired first.

If you use the new beta when you import an STL you will get a vector around it.

but when I go to create toolpath, the component doesn’t seem to be selected. I keep clicking on and trying to select all but nothing what am I missing.

You need to create geometry around the 3D element(s) which defines where you wish to cut.

See the videos at my.carbide3d.com

I apologize to be a pain in the butt, but is there a button that traces the borders to stl. Thanks for the link. I did watch the video’s and didn’t see any reference to this specifically. So I have tree stl to cut… it will take hours to create boundary around the leaves :frowning:
thank you and appreciate the help.

It happens automatically in the new beta:

• (NEW) Added outline geometry when STL file is imported.

thank you so much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.