I am trying to understand some Non beginner concepts

I am new to GRBL coming from mach3. Just ordered a 5 pro and wanted to ask a how to question.

I have read some posts on G54, G55 etc.

When you enter in the coordinates are they saved in CM for future use?

The reason for this question is I am a Luthier (Guitar Builder) and want to setup reoccurring jobs using jigging. It would be easier if I can go to a given zero workspace after the machine has homed. I will setup the jig to the machine spoil board using pins. The jig will be induvial to each guitar the coordinate zero x/y will remain the same for every jig. At least that is the idea.

Should I just use the N,S,E,W and setup jobs from there?

Should I be looking at a different cam software to make this easier.

Carbide Motion isn’t really CAM software — it’s communication/control — analogous to the control panel of a traditional CNC machine.

The zero origin is persistent and will be preserved through a power cycle.

When I set up a fixture, I design it so that one of the Rapid Position points can be used for the origin, or I set it up so that there’s a place to position the BitZero on it and probe that for the fixture origin.

Work Coordinate systems are another way to do this, but I’ve been waiting for CM to have an explicit interface to use them.

Does CMlauncher help you?

I have not tried them yet but couldn’t you use Quick Actions to return to set points and then zero there?

1 Like

yes can was not correct as I use aspire for that

Not sure what quick actions are?

See this other thread. Like I said I have not tried them yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.