I may hold the record for slowest build time

That was a couple of minutes I won’t get back… Who am I kidding I watched it like 5 times!

I’m really impressed and love this!

I’d love to hook you up a bit of C3D swag, and maybe a Bitsetter? Can you drop me a DM with your order no, maybe T shirt size and maybe pick an accessory bits from the store?

12 Likes

Very good and fun to watch. Am impressed you achieved this in around 5 hours to be fair.
Well done and thank you for sharing this.

1 Like

Oh my… a talented mad person! You are very welcome here!

2 Likes

Thanks, Luke! That’s very kind. What a great community this forum is turning out to be.

4 Likes

I’m an animator myself, and these always impress me! So much work involved, hah. Awesome video!

1 Like

Hands down the BEST setup video ever created DAMN fine job Sir.

1 Like

That is amazing! Best assembly video there is!

Carbide should buy it from you and include it in their link of assembly instructions!

5 Likes

Awesome video! Telling by your Emergency Beer video, you have skilled hands and now a CNC on top!

1 Like

Excellent! You could add a little anticipatory tension with In the Hall of the Mountain King, Edvard Grieg.

2 Likes

Fantastic Work. Both talented and patient.

1 Like

I agonized over the music more than I should have. In the Hall of the Mountain King is a great choice, though I would have needed to make the video shorter to use.

man…impressive! you shouldn’t have missed any steps going that slow :slight_smile: Enjoy your machine!!!

I wasn’t criticizing, just envisioning the march toward climax! Very well done. It really should be picked up by Carbide for site use. Did you have to PS out the blocks in every frame?

I still did! I put on both the Y-axis assemblies before realizing I needed to put on the X/Z assembly, so I had to redo that part.

1 Like

No, it’s a great suggestion – a very fitting song for stop motion.

If I had to guess, I probably had to PS less than ten percent of the images, so maybe around 150 images.

You missed one last step. Signing the “Assembled By” Sticker and applying it. LOL

1 Like

I showed the video to my wife. She loved it.
This was the first time I showed her a CNC video that she watched more than a few seconds.
I’ve had a Shapeoko since 2015… She now knows what it’s called. Previously the “big robot in the garage”.
She loved the music choice.
When it was done she said “Carbon 360 should use that video.”
Me: “Carbon 360, wow, you know the name of the company now too?”
Wife: “I already knew that from all the t-shirts” (my kids and I all got swag for the plastics challenge)
:laughing:

14 Likes

Brandon, I’m curious about what camera you used and how you did the shutter release.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this, thank you for the effort. They should hire you to do install videos on all Carbide 3d machines! Even the Nomad! (Slightly shorter video)

1 Like

I think you give me too much credit. I’m just using an iPhone X with no special settings. I had a bluetooth remote so that it wouldn’t shake the tripod when I took the pictures, but the battery in the remote died half way through.

1 Like