I'm confused... I know it's hard to believe that could happen on my first file. Help, please

I’ve managed a small, round, lidded box from cut rocket. Now I’m trying to put a design on the lid. I’ve gotten everything lined up, and I’ve attempted an advanced v-carve. However, once the machine pauses after pocketing with the 1/8th bit, it rises and stops. I’m not prompted to do anything. I’ve attempted to jog the machine forward to change the bit to the 60 degree v-bit, but something happens and it won’t let me back into the run mode. I’m just not sure what to try next. I only have so many scraps in my shop. :rofl: I’d appreciate it if one of you folks who actually knows what you’re doing would take a look. Thanks so much!

Lid Engrave Round Box 1.c2d (100.2 KB)

Do you have a BitSetter?
If so, you’ll need to change which post processor you’re using.
Edit–>Post processor–>Carbide 3D Shapeoko

(Or something like that)

1 Like

Yes. I have the bitsetter and bitzero.

I’ll need to find a little more info to understand what you mean by “change the post processor.”
I’ll take a look at the process you mentioned and will read posts about about it. Thanks for the tip!

Sorry… I’m on the very steep side of the learning curve.

You replied as I was adding some info.

Hopefully it’s the “up” side. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the help! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Found it. Saved the change. Can’t wait to try again.

That’s a subtle surprise I didn’t know to look for when bringing in files from cut rocket. :slight_smile:

Everybody has to learn how to use a Shapeoko. No one was born knowing how to run the machine. Just keep going and you will learn from failure and will succeed.

2 Likes

Learning curve we have all been through and still going through
I don’t produce much firewood these days so must be doing something right
At some point we all had a pile of wood that was only good for the bonfire
Happy learning

2 Likes

I keep this little reminder of my mortality where I can see it all the time. :smiley:

8 Likes

Love it! There’s nothing like a temporary failure to push ongoing success!

Advanced V-Carve is now working like a champ - thanks to your info!

I appreciate your help with this.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.