Importing Inkscape svg images to Carbide Create

I have been trying to import some svg files saved as inkscape svg files with no luck lately. I have been able to do this in the past, but for the last couple of days not able to.
I have deleted out the files from my laptop and went back to Inkscape and re-saved them as Inkscape svg files but when I try to open them all I get is two rectangles that I have deleted out numerous times.
Also when I have text in a file from inkscape and can get it to load ( some of my older files ) the drawing will open but the text is missing. I know these are probably easy things to accomplish but after many hours of u-tube and trying various things I’m at a loss

Carbide Create is a bit limited in what it will import:

• no text — convert to geometry (use the command Path | Object to Path or some other stratagem)
  • no placed images — view in outline mode to get a better idea of what will be imported
  • closed paths work better than open — Path | Stroke to Path will convert open paths to an equivalent closed path

If you’re still stuck send the files in to support@carbide3d.com or post them here and we’ll do our best to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.