Importing SVG file in Carbide Create

Let me start by saying that I’m new to this whole process. I have read that Carbide Create can handle .svg files but I’m having the hardest time importing them. When I click “open” and select the .svg file, nothing happens. I have been able to design all sorts of geometrical parts but importing a an .svg logo or image has been impossible. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Look at the svg in Inkscape in outline mode first — check that paths are concise — edit / simplify as necessary.

if the file still doesn’t work, post it and we’ll look at it — or email it to support@carbide3d.com

Is there any way to just import an SVG rather than have Carbide Create start a whole new project based on the SVG file? As it is, when you select OPEN and open the SVG file, that’s all you get. If you had other objects in your project and open the SVG, it abandons all other objects, wipes the project clean and gives you just what’s in the SVG. There doesn’t seem to be an option to import the objects from the SVG while preserving your current project.

2 Likes

this would be a handy option