Improving curves milling

I

Hi, everyone, as you can see on the picture I’m getting not a smooth curve when milling. It is several plain surfaces connected to perform the curve. Is there any way (parameter) to improve it?

-David

Can you show what the STL looks like in MeshCAM? It may be that you need a higher resolution STL. Or, it may be that there’s a tolerance matter to resolve with your tool-path settings, so if you can also post those they may help too. Lastly, how big is your object overall, just out of curiosity?

My fault UnionNine, you detect the problem just when you saw the picture, I’m using CATIA as 3D design software, but when saving as .stl file it translate curves to polylines. I was thinking the problem was on Meshcam but the problem is on design software.

My apologize for wasting your time, and thanks a lot for your fresh point of view.

-David

Woah there cowboy, you’re not wasting anyone’s time in here!

We’re all learning together, and if my experiences and surprises can help speed your success, it’s time well spent :relaxed:

CATIA huh? you must be a fellow professional in here learning a new hobby!

I don’t wanted to show myself so negative with the comment. But my English is not as good as I would like to show how stupid I feel after noticing the problem was on the .stl file.

I’ve been working for aeronautical industry as design engineer and now as manufacturing (composites) engineer, nothing related directly with conventional routing / trimming / milling on CNC machines. But I love always do the things by myself and this machine is amazing!!!

-Dav

I found the way to improve the .stl file when saving from CATIA. It depends of the performance displayed on screen, more accurate you see the model, better quality on corners have the .stl file.

At the beginning I was thinking it was a render “defect” from Meshcam software plus some configuration missing to make the trimming more accurate.

I’m going to try it today again.

Also the O-flute mill hope will help on quality.

-David.