Installing touch probe, machine wont connect

I sent support and email, but I wanted to check is any of you had experienced this?

Once I connect the touch plate the machine is not seen by my pc; it is almost as if it is not connected. No USB chime… nothing.

The one way to get it working again is to remove the touch off plate. (All carbide3d parts)

What’s your power indicator LED look like when you plug in the probe?

1 Like

I remember an earlier thread about a new touch probe not working. The user removed the cover on the bottom of the touch probe and a wire was pinched.

First make sure you have the touch probe hooked up correctly.

As Neil Ferri asked when you touch the clip to the probe does the led go from green to red. If you have no led light recheck your wiring set up and if that is correct check for a pinched wire.

1 Like

Do you mean that once you’ve plugged in the touch probe the whole Shapeoko controller stops working and isn’t seen by your PC over the USB?

If so that suggests that it might be shorting out power in the controller, which would be a good thing to sort out before it does any damage.

Do you have a multimeter?

1 Like

The power light is solid blue

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.