Introducing the Shapeoko 5 Pro

“We do plan on offering the new electronics as an upgrade for the Shapeoko 3, 4, and Pro. We’ll need to get enough inventory and then work out the wiring adapters before we’re ready for that.”

This is a pretty cool bonus for us 3 (and 4/Pro) users. I imagine that will enable the plug and play of future accessories too! Not an upgrade path, but definitely nice to have some means of updating the machine.
Awesome design C3D team :+1:

9 Likes

Yep,

That all looks like a really comprehensive, yet sensible, set of upgrades to the machine.

4 Likes

Like another proximity switch on Y to automatically square the gantry at start up.

5 Likes

Fantastic read and new design, as a lot of my fellow hobbiest spoke, i want one lol, not sure my small profit margins are there but great job C3D team!

3 Likes

So stoked for this! I currently have a 3 and one of my biggest issues has been with being unable to tram perfectly. How is the tram setup with the 5 pro? I.E., when we unbox and assemble, will it “just work” or will we still need to tram it?

1 Like

@robgrz I went back in history and we had this discussion in February 2021.

At this stage I had completely given up on it ever happening, but am thrilled you and the team have finally done it.

I love everything, including the price…I only wish I had more notice, so I could plan for my next enclosure design.

Question: Does the bitrunner work with the 5?

2 Likes

The 4x4 design went through a lot of revisions and iterations, and none of them really felt right. Once we got a couple of days into this version of the design, Edward and I said to each other, “This is happening, right?” and then, “Yep”. There was zero doubt that this was the right way to go.

Yes, but we might have to ship a little adapter cable. (I know it’s electrically compatible, I’m not sure if the connector changed)

5 Likes

Absolutely beautiful machine and great work by the C3D team - looking forward to getting one set-up in my workshop :grinning:.

Question; what is the thickness of the X/Y extrusions/profiles?

2 Likes

I don’t know off of the top of my head, but they’re similar to the prior extrusions in thickness. The X extrusion is bigger now, and both extrusions have steel rails bolted to them, so the stiffness is better than before.

3 Likes

Nice work guys.

Bitsetter looks nice, hope it will be made available in due time to put on the SOPro.

Think it has enough rigidity to really take advantage of 1/2" bits?

What are the rough overall dimensions of the 4x4, including the overhangs on front and back and sweepy? Guessing 60x60? Or more?

2 Likes

That’s all in the specs tab of the product page.

2 Likes

Yeah I just realized that. First time I looked was on my phone and the table cuts off, making it look like all the specs hadn’t been filled in yet.

1 Like

I too wish there was a version that matched the S4 PRO foot print.

3 Likes

Are there any videos of the PRO 5 in action?

2 Likes

Those should be coming before too long

4 Likes

Would the “Power Pendant” be an option for the 4 Pro?

1 Like

Nicely done C3D, this should hit the sheet goods guys between the eyes! Perfect addition to the line. Evolution well done!

For my needs, you guys hit it out of the park with the HDM. Just beginning to really appreciate its capabilities. Plenty of room for large wood projects and Nomad precision for small challenges not to mention grunt for serious aluminum milling. Perfect.

Party on!!

4 Likes

@robgrz do you know?

I am not aware of a CNC machine in existence that does not require being trammed in some form or fashion after it is assembled for the first time. Even 6 figure price tag machining centers need to be trammed to some extent when they are built. Whether it will just work for you will depend on what tolerances you are trying to achieve.

3 Likes