Is Carbide3D out of business?

Hello,

We bought a Shapeoko Pro XL December 21st and it still waiting to be sent without much informations. There are multiple people reporting the same issue since late november. We sent an email and got back a few days later with a message indicating that there was missing parts from there supplier and it should be sent within 4-5 days, we waited 10 days and sent two emails, no answer as of today (7 days).
We tried to call multiple times but with no luck, according to some posts on FB no calls are getting through since weeks.
It should be noted that the forum was down a few days without any people noticing…

Should we get a refund ? Are there any people in the same situation ?

Is Carbide3D still a thing or no one is working there anymore ? Because it looks a lot like it…

I’m purty much on this forum daily, and I’ve not had any down time.

Perhaps you thought C3D would be working during holidays?

1 Like

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to work through any issues w/ your machine.

If you have a concern about a purchase, write in to sales@carbide3d.com

As noted, we may not respond until after the holiday is over.

Maybe it was on our end, we had a lot of difficulties accessing community.carbide3d.com during early January (at least 3 days consecutive).
And for the holidays, even by adding those delays it’s not even near to “within 14 days shipping” which we think it’s a bit worrying without much informations for a $3k machine.

I’m sorry we didn’t know that you were still on holidays… When can I call ?

It would be cool if it was indicated somewhere, or if your standard didnt make us wait for 3 minutes even if there is no one at the end…

There was a problem with the forum a couple of days a few weeks back. The problem was thier hosting provider

I think c3d is having supply chain issues like almost every one. Unfortunately that are the times we live in. That does not help you but that is reality.

I have seen a lot of complaints about response times for support. That is on c3d. I would suspect a lot of thier employees are in California. That makes a late start for eastern and central time zones. I used to work for a California based company so that cut me to half a day access to them. Again that is on c3d but it is reality. Personally coming from a service background they seem to have case management software that needs improving.

Not sure if other hobby level cnc makers are experiencing the same problems but I suspect they are. Again that does not help you but that is reality.

Once you get your machine I think you will pleased because I have been.

Today is a Holiday in the US. They’re probably back tomorrow.

3 Likes

Support has been on the ball for me - had an outage due to a bad prox sensor cable and had the replacement in 2 days - in the middle of the Christmas / New Years week. Awesome service.

Still in business.

5 Likes

Carbide 3D always comes through. They are doing the best they can with current supply issues that are not their fault. As someone that has done their fair share of waiting for C3D machines and parts, I can assure you it is well worth the wait.

6 Likes

Yes- they’re in business. I just received my Pro today. Ordered 21 days ago, so yes- they’re a little behind.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.