Is there a way to shut off the tool change after initialization?

Hello everyone,
Aas a newbie I may be doing something wrong, but so far every time I add a new file, the machine must be initialized, and everytime the machine goes through the initialization phase it heads to the front of the machine and requests that a tool change be performed. then it heads to the bitsetter. I do not need to do this as it is going to do it again just as soon as I ask it to run the program. Is there a way to shut this feature off?
Thanks,
Sean

There is no way to disable it. The length of the existing tool is needed in case you establish your Z Zero with it. Once you run your program, you may have inserted a different tool at that point, so the program needs to know the length of the first tool to maintain Z Zero.

There is no way to shut it off if you have the BitSetter enabled. However you can go into configuration and turn off the BitSetter and manually set your Z zero providing you only have one tool in a job. So if you are running the same job over and over with the same tool in the same place then just turn BitSetter off. If you job has multiple tools then you are better off with the BitSetter on. I know it is repetitive but in the long run it saves you headaches.

You can still use the BitZero with the BitSetter off. If you turn the BitSetter off be sure to power down the Shapeoko and set your zeros again. There is something that happens when you turn the BitSetter off and do not power cycle the Shapeoko. The job after turning BitSetter will be an air job. Now once you turn BitSetter off and power cycle you can rely that your zeros will be persistent after power cycles. It is always advisable to jog and verify your X Y and Z+6MM positions after a power cycle to be safe.

1 Like

I utilize multiple tools and like the bitsetter, I just find it redundant to do it twice, first upon initialization and then again immediately after I hit run. It seems like it would know that I just set the bit. Seems a waste of time and energy to do it twice in a row.

The machine has to remeasure the tool after each time it has yielded control to the user, just in case the user changed the tool.

3 Likes

Seems like it wouldnt be hard to add a button into the dialog. Give the user the option to tell the machine “no, you dont need to measure the tool. I haven’t touched it since last time you measured the thing.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.