Issue with carbide motion

New to cnc world. And trying to run first projects. Found when i set material thickness in carbide create and then upload file to carbide motion that z axis adds 1in to total height of project thus blowing thru project into spoil board. Any help would be appreciated.

Where are you setting the origin in the file?

How are you setting zero relative to the stock?

What do you have the safety/retract height set to?

It may help to review:

If you continue to have difficulties please post the .c2d file, generated G-Code, step-by-step notes on how you are securing your stock and setting zero relative to it and managing all tool changes and a photo showing an attempt at cutting still in place on the machine and we’ll do our best to assist.

Dont understand what origin your talking about. But i set zero height in carbide create to top of project and then in carbide motion was setting zero on top of wood with paper. Exact project im working on i set depth of material at .86 in carbide create. When uploaded file to carbide motion it said z depth for project was 1.36

To understand how origin is set in the file please see:

https://my.carbide3d.com/gswcc/02/

Have you worked through any of the tutorials?

Ill have to check everything again.

Post the file (c2d) and it will help to troubleshoot.

If i recall correctly, when you load your file into CM and you get that summary of the file, it is reporting the extremes it finds in the file for X, Y and Z. For the Z I believe that includes the retract height for rapid moves Take a look at the retract height on the job setup screen. This will not change what is causing the plunge thu the material but will better explain what is on that display

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.