Issue with cut-out too deep

Hello all,

Im fairly new to the whole CNC scene but have been putting a fair amount of time into learning the software and building small projects.

Using carbide create pro, I am trying to build a mancala board using the 3D modeling which has worked out well overall. My issue is, I put some lettering into the middle of the board and there are 2-3 spots in the lettering that the machine and 3D model is WAY too deep. I have deleted all the modeling, started from scratch, and re-done all of the tool paths in an effort to stop this from happening. I have extensively adjusted depths of the cuts ect… and still cannot get it to go away… It only shows up when I do 3d modeling with recessing. I am wondering if this is a glitch in the particular font I am using, or is something else going on? Any recommedations would be appreciated.

Please share the file here or to support@carbide3d.com?

if you are using vcarving for the letters… the current versions have an “advanced vcarve” feature that lets you set a maximum depth (if you have a bitsetter)

I emailed the file to you. Please let me know what you think and thank you for the quick response!

Thank you for the response. I actually tried using the Vcarve advanced setting but to my knowledge, it is milling it out during the 3D cut which should not include any lettering in it as far as I am aware.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.