Issues with carbide motion, not being able to locate files from carvco maker+

I am designing in carvco and saving my tool path in the proper gcode, but carbide motion can’t find the files. I just reinstalled my programs onto my new laptop and have nothing but trouble.

What file extension does CarveCo use when writing out G-Code?

Where are you putting the files?

Could you post a screengrab of the G-Code export window?

Not sure if you got my last email, but I have located the files. I was looking in the wrong directory. You pointed me in the right direction when you asked where I saved them. They were in the toolpath directory, go figure. Thanks again

1 Like

I have a CNC_Router folder. In that folder I have several directories like images, software (Previous Versions of CC and CM), Projects and a few others. I keep my CC files in Projects. In Projects I have a directory for each project and a directory titled “gcode” for each project. So I save my CC project files in a unique directory for each project and then save the gcode in the gcode subdirectory. This makes it easy to find old projects that I want to recycle. CC defaults to the last directory used so usually I just need to go up to “Projects” and find my CC and/or CM gcode files.

Since you found your file some CAD/CAM applications save the gcode in various extensions. If you can read a gcode file in WordPad then simply rename the file with a “.nc” extension. Be sure you use the correct post processor for your CAD/CAM applications so the BitRunner and BitSetter are recognized.

I believe that was my issue because I just loaded carbide create and carbide motion on my new laptop, so the directory of tool paths has never been accessed. Hopefully now that I figured it out it should be good.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.