Issues with pocketing - Solved

Hello,
I am very new to CAD/CAM software, and CNC in general. However, I have been slowly figuring it out, but am stumped by this one. I have been importing logos from online, exporting them from Inkscape as a SVG., and importing them into Carbide Create. For some logos, I have no issues with creating a pocketing toolpath, however, I am having lot of troubles on others. For logos that have “spaces (that shouldn’t be cut)” inside the outer geometry, the toolpath generates as to where it ignores those “spaces” and runs straight through them. In return, it just leaves the outline of the outermost geometry. Any suggestions on how to fix this slight issue?

Sorry if this didn’t make much sense.
Thanks in advance!

if you can post an example .c2d file ,. you’re more likely to get good answers :wink:

1 Like

It looks like you only selected the outline, you need to select all the parts. If not then maybe the interior pieces are not connected (open corners and such).

3 Likes

test logo.nc (209.8 KB)

Please post the .c2d file (Carbide Create source), rather than .nc (generated G-Code).

When I tried to select all parts, and generate the pocket toolpath, the actual path would not load inside of the logo, and the sidebar read “calculating”.

unc 1.c2d (516.8 KB)

Thanks for your help

com-optimize%20(1)
Used this (fixed) SVG.
North_Carolina_Tar_Heels_logo

2 Likes

You only selected the one path:

Ungroup things and make this selection:

and the toolpath will work:

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate it!

Charlie

1 Like