Just bought bits on Amazon

I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right spot, I bought some bits on Amazon.

I figure before I get really well versed in this machine, I’ll use cheap bits before I get nice expensive ones to break lol.

They didn’t come with any info on the packaging to show what to set the tool as, and now I’m not sure how to use them or select them as the tool being used.

Link to the bits here https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079LX5GDD/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_GNDAJJYWA71V3AAYZG8X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

What you have there is 90, 60 and 22 degree Vbit
The last one I think is a 15 degree vb with flat tip
I have never found out how to use the flat Vbit

I have these and have had them a few years they work real good but are now getting dull

They have a cutting edge rather that a scraping edge so give you cleaner cuts in my opinion

1 Like

Carbide Create does not support V endmills with flat (or radiused) tips.

You’ll need to either use a different tool, enter as a square endmill and use a 3rd party tool to get a 3D preview (or do w/o), or if the tip is small, use a feeler gauge to adjust Z-axis zero for the missing length.

I use Vcarve desktop but still have not found how to use the flat bottomed Vbit
I have seen videos where they use them to help clear away some material, I did not watch the whole video but I think I’d have to do two passes with one with say a 90 degree flat bottomed bit then another with a normal 90 degree else I would not get the sharpness on top of the stock cause the point would be missing

Is that one fine detail bit one that I can use for 3d or 2.5d stuff? I want to dip my toe in that

I use 1.5mm, .5 mm and .25 mm tapered ball nose for very very fine detail such as stl models

Just be prepared for some long carving times
6 to 22 hrs are the norm

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.