Last minute Flag

Wanted to share an extremely quick build the other night.

Had a last minute gift for a retirement ceremony. I started at 8pm on Thursday designing and building, and was presented during the ceremony on 2pm Friday.

I’ve never worked so fast with little to no error making it. The Shapeoko is so reliable!

Materials were Purple Heart, Red Heart, Walnut, Oak, Cherry, and Maple.

Cheers! :beers:

16 Likes

Wow! How did you happen to have all the just right materials on hand?

Lol yep, I barely had them too.

Every time I do a project it requires at least one trip for materials! Kudos to you for having what you needed!

I am in the process of reorganizing the wood in my shop. I have maple, cherry, purple heart, oak, madrone, mahagoney, black walnut, sycamore, ash, mesquite, Osage Orange and a few others. I have been collecting that wood over several years. The hardest thing for me is throwing away small scraps. Some of it is large slabs and some are rough cut boards and some is 4S lumber. It is stored in multiple places and I need to get it all together. I recently went through my plywood scraps and separated it by thickness and size and threw away a lot of little pieces. However I am sure I will need some of those small pieces before long but can make bigger pieces into smaller ones. It is amazing how much you can collect. Going through the pieces I remembered the projects that made the scraps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.