Latest Shapeoko 3 Speaker Build!

Silver lining of this lockdown in the UK is that I have been able to finish these horn speakers I have had in the pipeline for sometime!

I don’t have a lathe and so the horns themselves were machined on my shapeoko, some of the longest operations I have done on my shapeoko to date to run those finishing passes!

Here’s the full write up on instructables for all the lovely details :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Dang! Those look amazing. The fit and finish is top notch.

3 Likes

Stunning !⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

2 Likes

Gorgeous, I love the horns, well worth the time!

2 Likes

Amazing and most importantly the sound quality is it good ??

2 Likes

Yeh it’s pretty good considering the small woofer, the horns really do give the speakers a lot more presence!

2 Likes

How did you generate the bowl interior, for carving out

Made a 2d profile in fusion and then just used the revolve tool! Makes the whole horn in one operation

2 Likes

again demonstrating that the only thing our SO3’s can’t do is only limited by our minds - sir I tip my hat #tipshat ohhh :blush: on reflection of that hashtag i have changed it to #tipmyhat !

3 Likes

Those are possibly the coolest speakers I’ve seen in my life. Awesome work!

2 Likes

Those are some dope speakers! Thanks for posting! Do you make these to sell? They sure do look professional quality, and from your instructables write up touching on the “in’s and out’s” of frequency/response/porting/etc I would bet good money they sound great!

1 Like

Thanks! Some of the more high end speakers I make are made to order for clients but these were just a fun project for myself :slight_smile:

1 Like